Brasov, Romania, 2-3 September, 2017
On 2 and 3 September 2017, EuroTrainer Association, in partnership with Brasov City Hall, Poiana Brasov Tourism Board and Transilvania University of Brasov, organizes IML & IVV Cooperation Cup in Poiana Brașov and Brașov. Two walking trails of at least 20 km will be available.
3 guided walking trails of 5 and 10 km in Brașov and Poiana Brașov are available as well as a cycling trail and swimming activities.
IVV AND IML ACTIVITIES
1. IML & IVV Cooperation Cup Subscribe
Two different walking trails of at least 20 km will be offered (start/finish point and check points are bolded):
- Complex Hotelier Poiana Ursului – Poiana lui Stechil – Tâmpa (restaurant Belvedere) – serpentine – Aleea Tiberiu Brediceanu – str. Nicolae Bălcescu – Piața Sfatului – Biserica Neagră – Poarta Schei – str. Prundului – str. Spătarul Luca Arbore – str. Constantin Lacea – Pe Tocile – Podu Crețului – După Grădini – DN1E – Ruia –Complex Hotelier Poiana Ursului
Distance: 20 km
- Complex Hotelier Poiana Ursului – str. Poiana Ruia – DN1E – Râșnov – Parcare Peștera Valea Cetății – Pârtia Valea Lupului – Cabana Postăvarul – Drumul Roșu – Pârtia Sulinar – Hotel Sport –Complex Hotelier Poiana Ursului
Distance: 22 km
Start/Finish Point: Complex hotelier Poiana Ursului (Bear’s Glade Hotel)
- Address: 1 Poiana Ursului Street, Poiana Brasov
- Start Time: 08:00 – 12:00 h
- Finish Time: 18:00 h
2. IVV – Walking Subscribe
Three IVV walking trails will be available – IVV stamps:
3. IVV – Cycling Subscribe
A cycling trail of at least 20 km of medium difficulty will be available. There are renting bike centres in Poiana Brașov.
- Start/Finish Point: Complex hotelier Poiana Ursului (Bear’s Glade Hotel)
Address: 1 Poiana Ursului Street, Poiana Brasov
4. IVV – Swimming Subscribe
Swimming activities (300 m, 500 m) will be available. Location will be announced.
CULTURAL AND SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
Visiting the Rasnov Citadel
Râșnov Citadel/ Rosenauer Burg (Cetatea Râșnov) is a historic monument and landmark in Romania.
Visiting Bran Castle
Castelul Bran is an impressive medieval fortress, a former royal residence. It is famous for the Count Dracula legend.
Visiting the Citadel Valley Cave
The cave (Peștera Valea Cetății) is located on the road Poiana Brașov – Râșnov. It is a natural attraction, restaured in the recent years. On Saturdays, for groups, there are concerts with Academic Clarinet Quartet.
Romanian traditional dinner
Concert in a medieval citadel
A concert with Castelanii (Brașov Philharmonic Orchestra) in a medieval location (to be identified) will be proposed.
Accomodation is offered, primarily, in hotels and pensions partners, members of the Poiana Brasov Tourism Board, as follows:
- Hotel Alpin
- Hotel Piatra Mare
- Ana Hotels – Sport
- Teleferic Grand Hotel
- Hotel Escalade
- Hotel Poiana Ursului
- Pensiunea Valentin
- Cabana Postăvaru
- Hotel Ruia
- Casa Viorel
- Acasă la Dracula (House of Dracula)
- Vila Zorile
- Pensiunea Pantheon
- Casa Vinga
- Club Rossignol
- Pensiunea Mont Blanc
- Casa Emil
- Roxy’s Garden Apartments on Facebook
- Vila Padina on Facebook
Liability insurances will be concluded for the IML/IVV event.
As would be the case, shuttle buses will be ensured for transfers from Henri Coanda Airport (Otopeni/Bucharest) to Poiana Brasov or from Poiana Brasov to Bran Castle.
WEATHER IN BRASOV AREA
September have nice weather with a good average temperature (20 – 25 Celsius degrees).